PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Jetstar and Pay Scales
View Single Post
Old 18th May 2004, 04:06
druckmefunk

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Proplever

I'm not involved in Oz aviation, and the problem you guys have is not having an impact on me yet. I am just watching with interest as an Ozmate O/S.

There is no simple answer to your problems, but I think you gave a valuable insight when you let your guard down on the, 18th of May, and said "In isolation, I couldn't give a damn about the Jetstar pilots. "

That, I'm afraid, is a major problem. Until you guys develop genuine concerns for your fellow man, you are buggered. It is of no use to suddenly be concerned about someone elses situation just because it is about to affect you.

Solidarity is about looking after each other all the time, not just when your own pay packet is starting to look shaky.

If the union had taken the lesser mortals under their mighty wings 10 or 15 years ago, for no other reason than to help them, today you might be in a completely different situation.

I cant help but be little skeptical about the motives of many of the poster here. Are they genuinely concerned about all of their fellow aviators, or have they suddenly become concerned because it has just dawned apon them that their immediated future is now somewhat clouded.

dmf

Last edited by druckmefunk; 18th May 2004 at 10:00.