PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Display of reckless flying along N Norfolk coast
Old 18th May 2004, 00:13
jayteeto

Location: Liverpool based Geordie, so calm down, calm down kidda!!
Received 17 Likes on 6 Posts
I was always taught to cross the coast at 90 degrees (heading, not AOB) to minimise the risk of birdstrike. Some people earlier were slagging off police helos for flying low, well, our units night limits are higher than 200'. If you think he was dangerous, complain. It is your right.
On the safety side of things, I had a birdstrike yesterday at 500' / 120kts that hit the screen right in front of my face, very scary!! Why risk a multiple seagull or kite strike? After many many many other threads on this subject, it always comes down to the same thing. People are shouted down and told that they cant judge height. This I agree with after dealing with complaints in the past. However remember one thing: many will be wrong, but some will be right. If you are legit and not breaking rules.... fine. If you are illegal or dangerous, do not complain if you get punished. Just like people who slag off speed cameras, if you don't speed then you dont get caught.... simple.

Psyclic, if you are genuinely worried on safety, report it to the correct channels, not PPRUNE. You will only be shouted down here. If the pilots have not broken any rules, then they have nothing to fear.