PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Dibden Manor: Nice place but...
View Single Post
Old 17th May 2004, 22:06
jmc1980

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Glaws,

Well I am from continental Europe and modular, and accepted to stage 3! In fact, I was at stage 2 4 weeks ago also, so we must have met.

I completely understand how disappointed you must be...I too have already failed a few pilot selections, and each time I felt like my dream was in tatters. Like TRon said it is a very competitive business and although I will go to CTC next week completely determined and with a postive attitude, I have to be realistic: statistically there's a good chance that I won't make it. It's part of the game, however tough it may be. However, if I fail, i will surely not put the blame on ctc, and I will certainly appreciate the fact that they let me know whether I've passed or not in the shortest possible time. It is a sign of efficiency and respect for those who undergo selection, nothing else. ctc have a great reputation for providing extremely competent and capable low hour pilots to major airlines and somehow I don't think they would risk that reputation by neglecting their selection process.
I know all this will not make you feel any better, but remember - in a week's time I may be in the same situation wondering what to do next!

TRon - excellent post. when did you go through ctc? Are you still in the pool? Any advice for those of us about to attend phase 3?

cheers guys!

jmc