PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Dibden Manor: Nice place but...
View Single Post
Old 17th May 2004, 16:28
TRon

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Since most people posting on this board are not airline recruiters I dont think it is fair for us to speculate as to what is a 'fair space of time' to be told whether you have passed or failed. If you had been successful I would imagine you would be thinking how great it was you heard so quick and not trying to rally all the people CTC have failed together on a public forum and chew over their failings as recruiters. If that makes you feel better then great, but it wont change the outcome.

I imagine CTC have made ther mind up about you from your presentation, Maths/Tech Tests and group excercises inside this unfair 2 hour period. How long in the real world do you think they actually talk about you? Would you have prefered a phone call two days later, or maybe 2 weeks?, or maybe wait there and have the usual roll call of pass/fail candidates like for RAF Selection which is considerably less than 2 hours and I dont hear many complaining about that. It is called being efficient.

As far as CTC are concerned most fall into two categories: those that hate the place; those that love it. They have a proven track record of providing low hour pilots to airlines where the bottom line is minimum training cost and 'is this guy going to fit in?' If CTC can do this within 2 hours of meeting you, then who are we to say it is unfair? They are the professional recruiters, not us.

With around 12 new IR's issued every day Europe wide and 1000 or so low hour guys just in the UK and 45-50 places on their scheme of which 4-5 actually go in the pool every month this will give you some idea of the competition and the waiting time. I would hazard a guess this is why you can never re-apply.

You need to remember every recruitment process is fallable, we are all human right? I failed 2 airline recruitment days but got through CTC. I dont remember getting on here and moaning it was unfair.

I did modular, I am English and I didn't pass all my groundschool first time. To insinuate they are taking preference over our European counterparts is very spiteful and naive. Blame JAR and the EU, not CTC for giving everyone a chance. It appears to be the only place where if you are good enough, you will get through rather than 'Daddy plays golf with the Cheif Pilot' and I did Integrated at Oxford..

I know it stinks, and you are now left wondering what the hell to do but this isn't the place to vent your frustrations. You and almost everyone else on this board will find something. It is just a matter of time and a bucket load of effort.

Best wishes for the future.