PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Piers Morgan fired
View Single Post
Old 16th May 2004, 08:29
Basil

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
The point which I was attempting to make was the ridiculous use of FAKE pictures to support something which "someone" IMAGINED MAY have happened.
I have been to Basra. If I felt that my child had been targetted as a direct result of the publication of these FAKE photos I would be extremely displeased.

<<eye tooth >>
I think you may have misunderstood me. I was pointing out one of the differences between the two regimes.
However, since you mention it, I haven't seen anyone suggest that the sawing off of the head of Nick Berg was like for like retaliation for relatively normal pre interrogation treatment of guerrillas. Poor darlings - a hood over their head and their little willies on display and there's a guy on BBC telling us how much of an insult this is to a Muslim. Well I have news for him - we Christians don't particularly like it either but there's a war on and, as far as I know, WE are NOT cold bloodedly cutting prisoners heads off.

I would re-iterate - I was never in favour of the invasion and do not blindly support it. There are no WMD. Our incompetent politicians have got us into a mess. I am not prepared to sit quietly and hear the British military blamed by incompetent greedy journalists.

Last edited by Basil; 16th May 2004 at 08:43.