PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Piers Morgan fired
View Single Post
Old 16th May 2004, 00:09
Basil

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Engineer,
<<whether fake or not it at least these pictures highlighted the abuse that maybe going on>>
Are you really serious? Do you mean because we've seen high quality pictures of a little mouse called Jerry getting the better of a cat called Tom that the mice are guilty of duffing up cats?

Jackonicko,
The ICRC was allowed access to prisons - I do not believe that was permitted in Saddam's time.
There is a guerrilla war in progress. The injuries referred to could have been sustained in battle, resisting arrest or because an over wrought soldier is pissed off with being fired upon or seeing his colleagues injured or killed.

<<According to the allegations collected by the ICRC, ill-treatment . . . not systematic, . . . variety of harsh treatments ranging from insults, threats and humiliations to both physical and psychological coercion, which in some cases was tantamount to torture, in order to force cooperation with their interrogators. >>
In other words the ICRC are saying that this DOES NOT amount to torture but may have had the same effect.

Have any of you pundits been in battle? I haven't but I can imagine just slightly how the troops feel.
I certainly would not approach them or allow my little kids to go begging sweets from guys who (necessarily) have their fingers on the trigger. I am sorry for the little girl who was shot and for her family but one has to ask if kids should be allowed out to run around men at war?