PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - FlyBe offload 30 pax on Glasgow - Belfast flight
Old 15th May 2004, 18:20
dicksynormous
Registered User **

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
"No matter how many eye-witnesses etc you have, the Capt interprets what he/she sees on the day and makes a decision. "

Absolutely, but IF the decisions are wrong they must be answered for.

Throwing up the ANO and commander this and that mantras to give blanket exemption to a possibly poor decision is getting as bad as hiding everything under security or terrorism.Plenty of moaning when the authorities use that smoke screen.

The ANO is not designed to give mandate to those who MAY lack the skills to make an informed decision or wield their warrants in an arrogant superior way.

Holding an atpl and exercising your duty is not an exemption from accountability. Everyday i witness t0ssers deliberatly being awkward and hiding behind their command.

Lets start a thread here for everyone that doesnt follow every little rule in the ANO tomorow,and then quotes it publicly....works both ways. Not many takers I'll wager.

Hypothetically I bet they wouldnt have been offloaded if they were a crew members realtions/friends on a hen or stag or something.Context is everything

My money is still on tea and biscuits.

Right back to the beer