PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - New format ATCO Licence
View Single Post
Old 13th May 2004, 10:42
Chilli Monster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I can't see the aerodrome course content being changed - it would cause too much grief to units all over and so would be self defeating for the colleges.

So - I'm guessing you would leave the college having trained for both ratings, yet what appears on your licence would depend on where you worked. With SRG trying to get as many units onto the LCE scheme, which would involve having a Unit Training Plan in place, a new recruit coming to you with ADV on his existing licence would be issued ADI on succesful completion of the UTP and subsequent validation. This is the only way I can see the system working succesfully.

As for the 'NATS reject' source of controllers - I was under the impression that future policy at NATS/CATC was to 'pre-ordain' courses and, if the course was for Area, then that's all the candidate would be qualified for from the outset - no Aerodrome training at all. If they failed they left with nothing. I'm happy to be told I'm wrong but that was the 'rumour' going round about 12 months ago. If that's the case then I'd start reviewing your training budget