PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Qatar Airways Info
View Single Post
Old 13th May 2004, 08:44
Ray Darr

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
To Hajj...keefalik? Thanks for the clarification. As you said, this is a recent change regarding the exit visa. Of course, having to pay for what should be looked after by your company is another issue. Regardless, it was good to be at least half-right for a change!

IMHO, there are so many other factors of life at QF that make it an easy choice NOT to work there. The grass is always greener on the other side of the fence, but I have personally met far too many people leaving Doha - each with a great relief of moving on to anything elsewhere - that it makes you feel bad for those remaining (or those who would consider joining QR).

There are likely many people satisfied working there, but there also may be much more dis-satisfied. That, of course, is just a guess, and I am only mentioning what I have seen myself regarding dis-satisfaction at QR. I commend you for sharing what life in Qatar is like, Hajj. It may help some who wish to join there, and as you said they must go with "eyes wide open". Best of luck to you, Hajj, by the way.

The rumour is that Gulf Air is hiring, and as I stated before, there is NO exit-visa issues whatsoever to worry over if you work at GF. You do NOT have to pay for any visa you need, and can come and go as you please.

GF also will be hiring non-type-rated pilots as of August.

Cheers,
Ray Darr

(edited to correct my boo-boo of airline code mixup-itis)

Last edited by Ray Darr; 13th May 2004 at 20:08.