PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Savannah Aviation
View Single Post
Old 12th May 2004, 01:35
Oz_Superman

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hello Hairy and people!

I know a lot of guys who use to fly there and all have left in dismay at the way they were treated and how the outfit was run.
at this place you will:

1. be payed around $300 a week. try living on that in Burketown, normanton or worse Borooloola.
2. Pay for your own ENDORSMENTS.
3. PAY for your own IFR RENEWALS every year despite flying IFR.
4. Get NO PAID HOLIDAYS despite signing a full time declaration when starting (mmmm i wonder if this is illegal?)
5. Get NO support on any issue that you would expect as a line pilot, from the appropriate people.
6. Learn many other skills such as car washing, lawn mowning, fence pitiching etc (you can guess whos things these are)

The aircraft aren't flash from what I have heard and seen in pics.

If you hairy or anyone dont believe me (which is your right) then ring around and do a lot of research on the company! the chief pilot! and conditions. and you many be surprised and shocked.

Talk to many people as possible. Ex pilots are a great resource of info. I believe many have left to the opposition in ISA so this would be a good place to start. If there arnt any of there ex-pilots there anymore I am sure they (the current guys) could let you know where they have moved onto.
Also chat to the local engineers in ISA and Nth Qld and you may be surprised also.

Time for people to be aware of companies they aspire to work for.

We in GA have to stick together.

fly safe.
Oz_Superman
(Fighting for Truth, Justice in a NON-GA Way!!!)

Last edited by Woomera; 12th May 2004 at 02:35.