PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Origin Pacific survives (for now)
View Single Post
Old 11th May 2004, 09:04
Don Won

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Let me riddle you this........................
Origin has never been in a stonger position
Heard that form a source within OPAL then I thought well maybe? when the company started up back in 1997 as a charter airline and then grew from there, it would have incured all the normal start up costs associated with a new airline, buildings,planes crew training ect ect and where Origin sit at the mo is a fully operational airline that has effectivly zeroed it's bank balance.
And in saying that if OPAL do have a investment partner or code share in the wind, say PB or EK I'm sure they be saying to RI dude we ant't haven a bar of this place while it's in the red get it sorted and then we can talk turky.
OPAL was in the red round fig's 12 big ones four weeks after the code share deal was axed, I simply don't buy that, that's three mill a week I mean I know the boyz are haven great time there but that's a pretty big habbit.
So what I'm saying is that the company must have been loosing that coin even while the code share deal was going or were they??
So why would a company continue to opperate if it was loosing money while it was ment to be in a good market position only to reinvent it self in a worse market position? either RI is got somthing on the table or is very smart man or delaying liquidation next time the bills pile up again . look who was owed the most amount of money buy OPAL, Air NZ(say no more) Air ways 2 mill (govt owned,get that one up ya ) BAE (origin dirty @ them for been shafted on J41 lease deals) don't forget all the little guys been paid in full.
So maybe these creditors may have even been targeted over time? you don't crank up these kind of debt over nite,Cos I'm sure the fuel man would not be owed a cent!
Look who's been in every paper, Tv and raido the last two weeks and portrayed and the "little guy being bullyed" whats
that worth?
Who need's a labour govt bail out , just a smart accountant