PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Mail On Sunday Apache story
View Single Post
Old 10th May 2004, 07:42
BEagle

Received 334 Likes on 116 Posts
No - he means the Klingons!

When I was serving in a combined ops theatre to which we were regularly deployed over the last 10 years, I noticed a distinct change in the manner of our allies. Earlier, we had been involved in supporting armed recce of certain areas; during my last deployment there was a sickening attitude of "You guys will go stir them up so we can bomb them". In other words the tempo had become increasingly aggressive for no clear reason. I even heard a comment that "We'd better get something today, otherwise the ??? ANG will go home without having bombed anything". This would never have been acceptable in previous years; quite who was responsible for this alarming change in attitude, I do not know. It surely wasn't Saddam!

The truths beginning to emerge are backing up precisely what many already suspected. I was flamed for daring to suggest that there was a bit of a Reichstag fire reaction after the World Trade Center outrage (Goebbels was desperate to prove that the fire was the work of Communists so that he could erase them- Bush seemed equally hell bent on trying to find an Iraqi link with the WTC attacks) - the truth about the planning to remove Saddam (not an unreasonable concept, of course, so long as there was a sound, internationally supported reason) seems to be backing up all the doubters' suspicions.