PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Run! It's the Spotter Police
View Single Post
Old 9th May 2004, 08:17
Whirlybird

The Original Whirly

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
BRL,

I must confess I don't understand your logic in talking about this thread and Pink Headsets in the same breath. I've only skimmed this thread, but I've seen little content relating to Private Flying...though I daresay there's some. That's the reason I rarely come back to it. Pink Headsets, on the other hand, is overall fairly flying related. OK, so there's a lot of other stuff there too. OK, so PA's way of describing stuff is a little....unconventional, shall we say. But overall it's a detailed account of her flying training. It is becoming very popular...and a fair number of regular readers are instructors and/or regular PPRuNers - BEagle, Westwind1950, little me, knobbygb...to mention but a few. I know some people don't like it - but they don't have to read it. And it's merely ONE thread - PA is hardly starting half a dozen per day, as has happened in the past with...minority interest threads, shall we say.

I started off not reading it, then dipped in now and then, then thought it was fun but didn't take it seriously. I now feel very strongly that it should be left where it is. I think you should show this post to the other mods, who I gather discuss this thread at intervals. I know I speak for a number of others. And I suspect I speak for a number of lurkers, some of them people who wouldn't otherwise bother with all the technical detail in Private Flying ( and flaming!), some of them new PPLs and students who are scared to post, but can identify with PA's difficulties, both in her private life and in the air.

Seriously, I think this thread is an asset to PPRuNe. As for it's place being on PA's website, I for one don't want to go there. I spend too much time on the internet. I'm a busy person; I read PPRune, then that's it. I don't want to get into PA's life generally (Sorry, Pink One!). But I do want to read fun, sometimes digressing, but vaguely flying related threads on Private Flying. And as one of the founder members of Priavte Flying , who fought for this forum, I think I have a right to be listened to.

So, I mean it, KEEP PINK HEADSETS!!!!!!!