PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Fear of flying in a good friend, how can I help?
Old 8th May 2004, 15:14
On behalf

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Martin1234, Victor Bravo, Northern Chique and Jetstream Rider

Thank you all very much for your replies.

My apologies for not having replied sooner I have been very busy at work.

I have thought about everything you have said and I can see how some of what happened may be connected. Northern Chique your situation sounds very similar but my friend has not suffered to any degree the same as yourself. I would like to say well done for making such a success out of a situation I cannot begin to imagine, your story is one of encouragement and an inspiration.

I didn’t want to post exactly what happened to my friend so as to withhold there identity. It was a situation that was out of their hands and the timing and location couldn’t have been worse. The pressure to succeed whilst those around you are pushing themselves and making the progress you want so badly must have confounded the problem. I know they have read your posts so far and are extremely grateful that you have all taken the time to post and give your experiences and thoughts.

I had thought about helping my friend find a professional psychologist, perhaps it needs to be investigated in this manner and the problem broken down. I really don’t know about this but Northern certainly your experience and progress are extremely uplifting.

Do you know how I/we my friend and I could find a psychologist? Is it just a case of looking one up or are there certain fields of expertise that we should look into for this type of problem?

I’ll let them know and make in roads. Thanks again for all your time and I wish you all the best in the future.

Kind regards,

On behalf