PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Monarch Scheduled goes Low Cost?
View Single Post
Old 8th May 2004, 09:15
TightSlot

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Say Mach Number Apologies - my phrasing was obviously a little loose. I wouldn't wish to suggest that FR/EZ or other UK loco's were not safe, affordable on time and lo-fuss. I'm also sure that FR are also very slick. Reading back on my post, I can't immediately see that any of this is what I did suggest, but perception is king. I'm aware that FR in particular take a great deal of stick on some boards and that some of it is unwarranted. It would not be surprising if some FR crew were to become defensive. In this particular instance, you're taking offence at something that was not intended to be offensive.

My specific irritations with LoCo's that you ask about? -
  • No Seat Allocation
  • Boarding By Numbers
  • Baggage Restrictions
  • The Attitude of Some Staff
In my perception, these irritations are significant enough to make me avoid travelling with FR/EZ - even if I have to pay more to go elsewhere. As a customer, that is my choice - I am clearly in a minority, as is demonstrated by the massive success of FR/EZ. For the time being at least, I will continue with ZB, because I find their product preferable. That doesn't mean your product is poor, just that for this customer at least, I prefer somebody else's.