PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Trubute - 717 Overnights.
View Single Post
Old 7th May 2004, 14:25
sinala1

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I absolutely WET myself reading this post, especially Ditzy's first entry... loved it! DJ have just started ROK overnights so I look forward to experiencing all the things you mention, especially the 1/2 hour wait for crew transport! Gotta love the LST overnights, was there the other night, met a HBA based Impulse crew, really really nice people and had a chat and a couple of drinks with them - we will miss your smiling faces around there! Those bloody Devil Birds though (those of you who have been chased by the black birds with yellow beaks will know what I am talking about), I swear to god they serve them up for dinner downstairs in the pensioners party room!!

I am also in the process of collaborating different pictures of mullets (would the plural of Mullet be Mullie - pronounced Mull-eye?) so that I can confidently and correctly identify them to my crew members. Love the pax/mullet count - I will be sure to use that when confirming numbers in future (especially ADL/ROK/TSV!)

As far as you not spending enough time at the Mercure on the gold coast Ditzy mate if its anything like the Mercure sydney airport (known amongst all dj crew as "The Manure") you are not missing anything besides bed bugs, $27 club sandwiches in room service, no mini bars in rooms (each floor has its own in the hallway), rude staff and sticky carpet!

Have fun with JQ folks and we hope to be back partying with you funky 717 guys in the near future

PS WARNING TO ALL OVERNIGHTING LST CREW - THE GOOSE NOW HAS GOSLINGS - IF YOU LIKE YOUR TOES INTACT STAY THE F**K AWAY!!!