PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - AOPA - 4 Directors resign
View Single Post
Old 6th May 2004, 03:48
brianh

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
OK, LET'S PUT A COUPLE OF FURPHIES DOWN FOR GOOD.

Gary

AOPA MAG 2003 - PRESIDENTS REPORT
" ... the Australian and New Zealand Aviation Law Association do not support CASA's view. My understanding is that strict liability (wherein intent or more strictly knowledge does not have to be proved) is only intended for minor or administrative offences. To propose, as CASA have, that the pilot be guilty of an offence if cabin crew don't stow baggage is absurd in my opinion".

Try and twist it all you like to cover what you did, Gary - even the President of the time was able to comprehend that no-one is well off where intent or knowledge does not have to be proved. It is still NOT exactly so.

BSB

And so AOPA should spend funds to fight for Virgin and Qantas as aircraft owners.
And members of Civil Air in industrial campaigns - not sure how the IRC will grant AOPA coverage of that lot.

If you cannot comprehend what that would do to AOPA finances, obviously I am not going to be one of the few to abuse you.

ALL & COODA
NOW THE FAMOUS HAMILTON TEAM

Let's begin with the Nominees statements for the election in 2003, and go right to Ms Pagani, the leader of the "A" team.

"I commend to you these candidates - all dedicated, experienced, and team-orientated aviation enthusiasts who will pull together for AOPA and GA. Pagani, Pike, Kennedy, Lawford, Mahlberg, A Williams, Errey, Gaunt, MacDonald, Kerans, and Bertram."

All but MacDonald were elected. But, notice who is not on her list - Bill Hamilton. And guess whose Nominee statement mentioned no-one to vote for except himself - Bill Hamilton.

So, of 12 Directors post the AGM, 10 were of the "A" Team - not the "Hamilton team" which seems to have been rather small does it not? Yes, folks, the "A" team had control.

NOW TO THE AOPA MAG JUNE 2003 AND Ms PAGANIS PRES REPORT
I won't as a two finger typist try and enter the tasks given to each of the Directors named in this glowing report but those named with specific roles were Pagani, Lawford, Gaunt, Errey, Pike, Kerans, Kennedy, Mahlberg, A Williams, and Bertram. Well golly gee- it's the "A Team" again - still no mention of Bill Hamilton who was obviously relegated to the bleachers with John Lyon.

So there we have it. If John lyon was (and i am not saying he was) on Bill's team, that makes 2 against 10.

So, after all the abuse about Bill Hamilton being allowed to be written unchecked on Pp last year (that's another story isn't it), and the success of the "A Team" in gaining a massive election majority then disintegrating due to internal squabbles and (censored by myself) only someone who believes in Father Christmas and the Easter Bunny would give any credibility to the attempts to cover the disastrous results of the year by attempting to blame a one-man band who did not have the numbers.

While researching the rise and fall of the "A Team" in the AOPA Mags I actually came across a quote from an unbiased observer about Bill Hamilton. It is not germane to the current debate but given all the desperate attempts to duckshove blame on to him, I feel it warrants posting.
From Eugene Reid, AUF President who paid tribute to the work of AOPA on behalf of AUF " particularly Bill Hamilton who looks after AUF at meetings with CASA. If it was not for Bill, the AUF might not be here".

And that leads to another conclusion that, if it was not for certain others, AOPA would not be where it is at present.