PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - AOPA - 4 Directors resign
View Single Post
Old 5th May 2004, 22:01
brianh

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Creamy

And Gary called me a sophist.

You carefully skirt the machinations involving Mr Gaunt and how the strict liability issue was handled at Board level. I'll stick by Ms Pagani's version and leave any silks and stuffs who post on this Forum to disprove it if they are game to try.

Insofar as strict liability goes, I don't wear a legal hat. I'm an Australian citizen, about to cop a $200 fee and two yearly licence renewal, bulldozed in with no substantiation on a minority group. Strict liability is a similar imposition and I don't give a tinkers what existed previously, I'm talking about fair play for pilots and aircraft owners. I believe in a system where the onus is on the prosecution to make the case. Your post supports the French legal system - guilty until proven innocent - and that's why you and I will never be able to communicate rationally on the matter.

If you claim my posts are prejudiced, remember I'm not the one with the no confidence vote. I will however give you full marks, even ahead of Gary, as a master of misdirection for trying to move the spotlight away from how the Board was manipulated by stealth and Allison once bitten.

Let me make a statement of undeniable fact. I have never worked for CASA or any aviation regulator. Nor been involved in an investigation. Therefore any comments I make do not have any inherited regulator bias.

Prejudice can be inherited - particularly by anyone who has been involved in the legal side of CASA my friend.

Can all posters here say the same?

Ugly

Well put again. Amazing how this one man team can be responsible for 5 years of trauma, even against so formidable a group as the "A" team. Obviously AOPA has adopted a new Board voting method where one man and one man only equals the majority vote. The four who departed should have alerted us to this earlier.

Like you, I earlier called for anyone to nominate who comprises this "Hamilton Team". We will see hell freeze over before anyone is silly enough to put their real name to a post labelling Directors who they denigrate by innuendo as "Hamilton Team".

This thread will be moderated if there are any more personal attacks on Gary, we were told. But it is quite OK to adversely label ethical and dedicated AOPA Directors by implication and innuendo. What a farce.