PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - AOPA - 4 Directors resign
View Single Post
Old 5th May 2004, 13:48
ugly

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
ugly.. u dont get it.. ron b is not the problem
No I do get it.

10 years of crap in AOPA. I didn't renew back in about 1996 when membership costs doubled. I recall a quote from the president at the time (might have been Munro, can't remember) that he didn't care if membership dropped by a third, because there'd be more money coming in. Well well - look where we are now.

I'm sick of egos, squabbling, name calling, dummy spits, resignations, calls for votes of no confidence, back stabbing, team this and team that, cliques, childish behaviour, legal threats, lies... you name it.

We see it all the time here, people who hide behind anonymous names and spread lies. Several times these anonymous posters have said the Hamilton is controlling the board, Ron B is a part of some 'Hamilton Team' yet none of these people have the balls to put their name to posts.

I have nothing to hide here, my name is in my signature but I'm not a registered user so it doesn't appear, but if anyone cares, its Brian Grinter - I'm a PPL and enjoy aviation as a hobby. Like Ron B, I'm also a volunteer with the AAL and get a kick out of seeing former cadets flying F/A-18s, Boeings or even just going solo in a C152. I once had dreams of a career in aviation myself, however I was good at IT so here I am.

How did AOPA work before? I was only a member for about the last 2 years of Patroni's presidency, however it was a stable and respectable organisation then. There were no 'A Teams', just a board who worked together to get the job done.

Ron may be pushing the proverbial up a hill with a pointy stick, but at least he stuck with it when so many others took the easy way out and bailed. For that the man deserves our admiration. Rather than the demands for administrators to be appointed we should wait at least until the AGM and see what transpires.

He might be swimming upstream at 1 knot, but if some of us get off the wier and give a hand, maybe some good may yet come.