PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - AOPA - 4 Directors resign
View Single Post
Old 5th May 2004, 09:49
longstab

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Administrator

The incumbent committee are taking a big risk by not placing AOPA into voluntary Administration. They may become liable to the membership , eg a class action, if they continue to foul up.

If the members fail to accept the accounts at the AGM, the committee would be obliged to place AOPA into Administration or Liquidation. So my suggestion is vote NO to the accounts when you send in the proxy.

No wonder that AOPA's credibility is at such a low. The Committee has failed to manage the show and they have equally messed up the representation to CASA & Govt. A score of zero out of 10 I would say !

The Hamilton team is now running AOPA and will continue to do so after the election. My bet is that the loss of members will now accelerate and AOPA will enter the spin.

The only chance for AOPA is to sack the current committee, put in an Administrator and hope that the association can be saved.

But the members are apathetic and I can't see anyone getting very excited at the AGM.

Hate to be so depressing but the future is looking gloomy. I won't be rejoining but GA will be damaged by AOPA's failure.

When you read all the posts on this thread any thinking person would likewise be despondent.