PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - AOPA - 4 Directors resign
View Single Post
Old 5th May 2004, 02:06
Garrylous

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
$$$$

The problem with appointing an administrator is cost.

Reading previous posts here and on other forums I assume AOPA has about $40K in the bank. An administrator will cost at least half that if not the full amount!!!!

Now remember, the current survivors are there because they had the guts to stay and make it work, with no Director's insurance. Talking to one of them I am advised that AOPA has 6 months to do a turnaround, or it may well be insolvent. So an Administrator isn't needed, yet.

Besides, we have a newly elected board coming in, are we to appoint an Administrator anytime those who don't stand for election don't like who are elected. That might sound a bit harsh, but it is the way I read your post.

But from my reading of the articles, if you want to dismiss the current Board and appoint a new one you must hold an EGM. Your motion must be accepted by the majority of the board or have 100 member signiatures. You must then win the motion at the EGM. (You are too late for the AGM, and besides, I would suggest you attend and listen to what they have to say).

To sum up, I see one (or three) ex-Directors whinging. This is lead by the one most seem to hold responsible for the debacle, one who ran up an extraordinarilly high expences bill while the organisation was floudering financially and one who steadfastly ignores questions on what he actually achieved.

I would suggest you ingonre the quitters and support the stayers, unless you want AOPA to sink that is.