PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - AOPA - 4 Directors resign
View Single Post
Old 4th May 2004, 23:27
hermeias

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Longstab's Scandal

Longstab,

Don't know who your "legal/financial" expert is, I sure hope you don't pay him too much. Don't use him for your tax advice, that could get you into deep doodoo.

A little bird tells me that the problem with the accounts is that the now departed "Executive" sprung them on the rest of the Board at the last minute, and were not even able to tell the rest of the Board who actually prepared accounts that were seriously lacking, even without bringing up the question of how you treat multi year memberships. Unsurprisingly, the majority of the Board were somewhat unimpressed with the idea of having to sign their names to a few sheets of paper of doubtful accuracy, they didn't even have page numbers.

The same little bird tells me that the Treasurer for the whole period covered by the accounts in question, the recently departed short time President was the Treasurer, in that time there was no budget, and no financial reporting to the Board. Is it any wonder that the accounts from the same period, prepared by person or persons unknown, are also somewhat lacking. There certainly was a management problem, but that management has now resigned, and the remaining Board is faced with sorting out the mess.

So who do you really want to blame, or don't the facts come into this ??