PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - AOPA - 4 Directors resign
View Single Post
Old 4th May 2004, 22:02
brianh

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Bonez

There is some merit in that, however, GA and dealing with the Regulator is quite esoteric and some form of Board continuity is desirable.

As well, how to attract more candidates?

And the Forum and financials are not simple. First, Directors insurance is an obvious problem. Likewise the financials given the marchout of 4 key players at a critical time.

All

Interesting debate re AOPA and PPL/CPL. Looking beyond the crossfire, AOPA should support aircraft owners and pilots.

However, I hardly feel it needs to support Qantas etc as aircraft owners. Likewise, there is a balance of support for pilots. I have no objection to PPL and CPL but I think looking at his comments from a different perspective the point is well made that other levels may be well supported by their associations and AOPA should not spread into those domains as it is counter productive use of scant resource.

Can someone define a better definition of AOPA coverage to debate?

Woomera
On overnight reflection, the thread certainly had moved to your re-definition "Let's Bag Gaunty". I for one am going to leave him alone because once the crossfire starts he does attract flak so better to ignore him.

I guess the interesting thought at this critical AOPA election time is why only one director has attracted such angst. One would think that the anti-AOPA subversive rabble would be going for all Directors. I'll go away and ponder on that.

Perhaps it is because Gaunty is prepared to stand and fight for his beliefs?

You may surely ponder on that, because I won't. The subject of AOPA is not one which concerns me.

Woomera

Last edited by Woomera; 5th May 2004 at 09:16.