PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Tips for landing....
View Single Post
Old 4th May 2004, 14:33
Skylark4

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Randomtox,
Don't worry. It will all come together eventually. You won't even think about it. You don't think about how to turn a corner in your car do you? (I'm not talking edge of controllability and gritted teeth here mind.)

Is that really how you land a trike, fly it on 15k above stalling speed? I don't know, whenever I've flown one I've been too busy trying to align to the runway to notice the speed. If stall is 40k, I would expect touchdown to be at about 41.

Mike W
Edit to add:- The slower you go, the more deflection you have to put in to any control to have the same effect. If he hasn't already done it, at some point the Instructor will demonstrate the stall. One of the signals that you are getting close is that the controls go 'mushy', you have to make a big move for small effect.
The Katana is a fairly slippery beast so speed control on the approach will not be the easiest. Nose down and the speed will rise quite quickly. Raise the nose and the speed will be quite slow to drain away, relatively speaking. You must be careful not to let the aircraft get ahead of you. Set up for a nice long approach and make small movements on the controls. Relax, take your time.

M

Last edited by Skylark4; 4th May 2004 at 14:48.