PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Middle East Pilots Need to Stop Crying!
View Single Post
Old 4th May 2004, 13:56
EK_Dantos

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I was brought up differently. I don't care about the money, I just want to fly. Taxes? Huh! I live in the highest taxed country in the world! Land/Property Tax, Automobile Tax, PST, GST, Income Tax, Basically whatever they can tax you on they will. The only thing left they haven't taxed yet is air itself and I wouldn't be surprised if they did that too. Our gas is aparently higher than the states at 84.6 cents per litre. So when it comes to complaining, I think the Canadian pilot has something to complain about, with all that plus no job security.

At least when you wake up, you know you get to go flying. Some pilots wake up each morning and check the company website to see if their airline is still flying!

So am I a wannabe, sure I guess you could call me a wannabe, and I am not saying I don't understand, noone wants to fly for free... but there are places in the world that are alot worst off in terms of aviation than the middle east!

BTW I'm not exactly looking from the other side of the fence. I am 19, I have been flying since I was 15, have my private, night rating and now working on the time building. HAve spent 2 years in Air Cadets, worked for Air500/Innotech Execaire in the maintenance hangar on Citation X's, CL-604's, MU2's and Westwinds. I also work at a pilot shop. So for a 19 year old I think I have done pretty good so far! Not just a dreamer I am a doer!

Last edited by EK_Dantos; 4th May 2004 at 14:20.