PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - AOPA - 4 Directors resign
View Single Post
Old 4th May 2004, 11:55
Binoculars

Just Binos

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
"......and while AOPA is the PPLs union, it will represent PPLs against the likes of the ATC Union."
Oh dear oh dear, what a sad state of affairs when ATC is seen as the enemy of GA. I know there have always been conspiracy theorists like this around, I just find it sad that the occupation to which I have given my best shot is so ideologically misrepresented.

I once spent a few months in Longreach Flight Service. One of the local pilots refused to talk to us unless he was legally forced to, because he believed that every time he clicked his PTT another movement was counted by Big Brother to justify their theft of his hard-earned money.

It appears Garrylous feels the same way. Perhaps if he spent some time talking to ATS officers he may find they have two arms and two legs and families just like he does, and they go to work hoping to achieve the optimum balance between safety and expedition which will allow them to go home with a sense of job satisfaction. They attempt to do this despite the interference of well-meaning amateurs who don't have a clue, and they resign themselves to the abuse of all those who believe the only subject worth discussing is their $6 landing fee.

Maybe he's right, maybe it is the "ATC Union" which is the public enemy. Maybe, on the other hand, he needs to revisit his conspiracy theories.