PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - AOPA - 4 Directors resign
View Single Post
Old 4th May 2004, 06:33
brianh

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
FAIR GO

Woomera

It will not be me copying the thread to another forum, but let me add that my comment thereafter would be: -

1. At 1430 hours today I PM'ed you (Woomera) with a complaint to the moderator as follows:
"As Gary has posted since I suggested he clean up his act, I provide you with the content of my request: -
Gary,

and Mr on-duty Woomera.

On reflection, I do not think it is a good thing for a person of Forum Moderator status to set an example of beating the auto censor several times in one post. I refer of course to the post of 12:11 today which used the terms "Bulls hit" and "@rse".

This is not a dip at the poster as the mirror I am holding up is undoubtedly causing some reflkected heat. I am prepared to debate matters vigorously, but preferably with a degree of savoir faire as befits the viewers sensitivities.

We surely do not want to start a campaign of creative auto-censor beating on this Forum as it will probably then move to the F and C words and lower the quality and morality of the cut and thrust of debate.

All things in moderation, so to speak?".

I note that two hours later the content is unchanged. So it is acceptable for Gary to use the terms Bulls hit and @rse in his postings.

2. It seems quite OK for Gary to make personal attacks on me. He remains unwarned. I ask him some hard (unanswered)questions and suddenly he is under personal attack?

Anyway, he is not going to answer so you are quite correct in directing matters back to the thread. Plus it saves one of his alter egos or team coming on and going through the usual diatribe that anyone who questions Gary is anti AOPA, from a grubby little website, a troglodyte, personally attacking him, and so on.

I do not believe there is anything of personal attack or requiring censorship in the above but if you feel so please advise.
cheers
brianh
(and for all viewers, if you check the profiles of many posters you will find mine 100% factual - like Clark Rubber I stand behind what I post. You will find many interesting diversions in the profiles of some other posters and can make your own mind up from there).