PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - AOPA - 4 Directors resign
View Single Post
Old 4th May 2004, 06:20
Garrylous

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Dear Mr Woomera

Mr Gaunt has offended a lot of people with his interpretations of the truth.

But as for the 4 Directors who resigned.

Mick Kennedy, with his dedication and $0 expence account will be sorely missed.

Adrienne Willimas, by her own admission, was a bit out of her depth, but contibuted. Unfortunately thinly silver plated words wooed her over. She will be missed.

Ron Lawford appeared to me to come from a different time. It seemed to me that he had a view and was not content to abide by the majority. He tried, but I don't think he suceeded.

Gary Gaunt it seems, achieved little, cost a lot, hasn't flown in over a decade and should probably stick to narrative. I hear that when he resigned, 'there was much rejoicing'.

If he is reelected it seems by a count of those with the guts to be left standing, and those vying for a place, he will not have the confidence of the Board yet again and will therefore achieve even less than last term. (If that is possible, unless one counts the resignation of AOPA's President in November).

The big question is, can a struggling AOPA afford Mr Gaunt.

I think not.

As for the 'CPLs' who feel left out, well you will be won't you. You are not members. the plumbers union represents plumbers, the electricians union represents electricians and while AOPA is the PPLs union, it will represent PPLs against the likes of the ATC Union.