PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - AOPA - 4 Directors resign
View Single Post
Old 4th May 2004, 05:08
brianh

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Gary

OK, you finally forced me back to that good old Websters to check the definitions of "sophist' as you keep using it.

It is an old, old, Websters - a gift from my father. He and I were not much into the greek classics, but I see he has written a quote from Oscar Wilde beneath the "sophist" definition - "Questions are never indiscreet, sometimes answers are".

A wise man my father, just turned 90 in April. I deduce from that quote that he suggests it is best to lay low and say nothing if giving answers could be to one's detriment. I would pass that advice on to you, but note you are already conforming.

As an aside, was that a dip you were having at me about an email Christmas morning to Board members? The only email I remember was one suggesting that time was a wasting and we get AOPA members writing to their MPs about the sneak attack by the Government and DOTARS over the proposed 2 yearly licence and $200 security fee. I also offered to knock up a 'standard" letter as a basis for members to approach their MPs.

If it is me you are dipping at, and given you were on the Board at that time and a 2 yearly licence and fee is all that is needed to have many low annual time GA people finally give it away, perhaps I'll put up the timeframe of events BEFORE AOPA did swing into action?

Hang on, let me answer for you - "It's brianh being sophist again".