PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - AOPA - 4 Directors resign
View Single Post
Old 4th May 2004, 02:53
brianh

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Gary

As a kid I loved Luna Park, fairy floss, and waffles.

Your last reply takes me back to those days. It waffles and is full of fairy floss - warm, fuzzy, and ethereal. If I could find some substance to it, I would reply, so obviously I am not replying.

You and your colleagues have been skillful in misdirecting this thread away from the real issues.

And of course you don't intend to dignify the expenses revelation with an answer. No doubt you will do that after John shows us the WMD?

Please don't, I am already sinking under the weight of your "bulls hit" on this thread. (Very clever that phrasing on your part as it beats the auto censor - and you claim I'm good with my posts - Sir, I bow to an expert).

Anyway, sorry to be slow replying. I fell off my chair laughing when YOU had a dip at Garrylous for being a fictitious poster (I had already noted from his profile that his job and quals were a bit sus!). Please, after the election can you supply a list on this thread of any aliases you have used on this and agaf - and remember, talking to yourself (even on Forums) is a first sign.

However, I do take umbrage at your comment "Your precious declamation about not wishing to "take" money from AOPA takes about 1/2 a snanosecond of rational thought to dismiss it as the specious Bulls hit it is."

Please do not apply your ethical or moral values to me. I was on standby to travel at my own expense to Sydney for the January long weekend on AOPA business. Likewise, when the departure from the sinking ship occurred recently, I offered to travel again at my own expense to Bankstown to do any hack work needed at the AOPA office. It's all on record and I would not have even mentioned it except to make the point that there are some of us out here who stand by our principles and are not prepared to take AOPA $ at a time when its funds are poor. And, because I can probably run rings around you on a debate about the accrual system (that tells the truth) versus the cash system for the state of the AOPA finances, I suggest you leave that one alone.

Because of our family values with raising the kids, I was the sole breadwinner in this family for over 30 years until my retirement, therefore I do not have the personal $ to fund an AOPA Director's commitment. I'm sure we beer drinkers do not begrudge the chardonnay set their lifestyle, but you have done youself a grave disservice in trying to have a dip at me because i have ethics. Physician, heal thyself.

Returning to Goebbels and your (and Creamy's) skilful misdirection of the thread to the Jewish solution - you obviously read different literature to me - my source was the good old Websters I have had for many years. It reads (in its entirety) "Minister for propaganda in the Hitler government of Germany, 1933-45; believed to have committed suicide with hitler in Berlin air raid shelter as Russian troops entered the city".

No mention of war crimes or the dark thoughts that seem to guide you and Creamy in diverting attention from the substance of the debate.

I'll stick by my source and the first three words it says. Any unbiased reader of this thread would agree.

Gary,

and Mr on-duty Woomera.

On reflection, I do not think it is a good thing for a person of Forum Moderator status to set an example of beating the auto censor several times in one post. I refer of course to the post of 12:11 today which used the terms "Bulls hit" and "@rse".

This is not a dip at the poster as the mirror I am holding up is undoubtedly causing some reflkected heat. I am prepared to debate matters vigorously, but preferably with a degree of savoir faire as befits the viewers sensitivities.

We surely do not want to start a campaign of creative auto-censor beating on this Forum as it will probably then move to the F and C words and lower the quality and morality of the cut and thrust of debate.

All things in moderation, so to speak?