PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - AOPA - 4 Directors resign
View Single Post
Old 3rd May 2004, 23:31
brianh

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Creamy

My apology for not replying earlier, I have been enjoying the clear air over lake Eyre far away from the opposite airings on this forum.

First, I unreservedly deny (but nevertheless out of fairness withdraw) any attempt on my part to link Gary to a war criminal. My knowledge of Goebbels is that he achieved fame as a Minister for Propaganda with unbelievable skill in mixing truth and fiction and leaving out the truthful negatives - not as a war criminal. That was the analogy I was trying to draw.

Insofar as your spirited defence of the strict liability is concerned, I as a pilot and AOPA member don't care WHAT was the situation in the past. AOPA had a politician ready to go to bat for a positive change. Two things happened thanks to Gary's intervention. First, the situation did not change for the positive. Second, and worse, a certain politician will be very unlikely to come to the aid of AOPA again in a hurry.

We all have our biases. Mine is success for AOPA and GA. I don't know yours but from reading your posts I detect a strong pro-CASA bias therefore I suspect you and I are going to see both AOPA issues and Gary's actions with different benchmarks. There is nothing in the CASA charter requiring it to help GA achieve success and anyone who reads Paul Phelan's articles would often find that gap unsurprising.

Gary
I have read your reply. I need to spend some time offline stripping out the personal attacks on me and the rhetoric before considering whether it is worth replying. But I say again that I still cannot comprehend how you can offer successful representation to anyone who votes for you when you have a board that has a no confidence vote in you.

And, just to counter your little dip about me not standing for election, you left out - see my note above to Creamy about selective propaganda - the other half of what I have previously posted. Let me restate it. I am a self-funded retiree with limited income. I do not have the income to live and fund AOPA directorship expenses. But, I will NOT take money from AOPA to fund those expenses at a time when AOPA cannot afford it.

And, on that note, Directors expenses this year to 31/3/04 without further comment (available to AOPA members from the office).
Pagani 13050
Gaunt 7994
Kennedy 0
All others 11232
Total 32276

I'll just remain meek and broke in the hope of inheriting the earth!
cheers