PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Is this discrimination?
View Single Post
Old 3rd May 2004, 21:30
G-LOST

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I can comment about bmi regional as I may or may not have provided the information for the update on PPJN after speaking to the recruitment Captain a few days ago.

The company has 'suffered' a great deal of movement in recent months and simply seeks to minimise further losses by taking on people who are unlikely to leave for a few years. For that reason alone, they have targeted very low houred pilots as in their view these individuals are likely to stay for at least 3 years, possibly 5 years (as it will take at least 4 years to get the hours for command). Recent intakes of pilots with considerable experience have seen some of them move on quickly (most of us are actively looking at the options for the next step) to heavier metal.

Personally, I think the logic is flawed as a youngster who has been very well trained with 2000 hours jet (after 3 years) is likely to be courted by the bigger airlines and will be happy to move on by that stage.

A claim of discrimination will fail, as the company is simply seeking on commercial grounds to balance the makeup of its workforce. I understand that 5 of the most recent 8 recruits are integrated students and the other 3 have considerable experience.

LOST

Last edited by G-LOST; 4th May 2004 at 05:55.