PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Jeppesen customer services
View Single Post
Old 3rd May 2004, 09:29
FlyingForFun

Why do it if it's not fun?

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hmm, seems like I'm not the only one to have had problems, and Rustle's link shows it's been going on for a while.

Yawningdog, the renewal fee is actually 138 Euros, not £138 - payable by bank transfer. Not sure how much the bank will charge to transfer the money... the last time I had to transfer an amount in Euros to a foreign bank it cost me more in bank charges than the amount I had to pay. Given that, and given that it's only £169 for a new manual from Transair, I might just forget about the February update, and once I've got enough time to go and do some IFR flying I'll buy a new one. Might swap to Aerad, too, since they're the same price!

Interesting suggestions about getting them free on-line. How many people actually do this? I thought about it, but rejected the idea, on the basis that I want to have a full set with me in case I need to divert (and we all know that real-life diversions are rarely into the fields which you plan to divert into before the flight!) However, downloading them and printing them as I need them would certainly be acceptable for flying around under foggles in VMC with a safety pilot next to me (which is all I'm good for with my present level of IMC currency anyway) - so I might give that a go before handing over another large wad of money to anyone.

Thanks for all the input, guys!

FFF
--------------