PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Brookfield/ryanair contract pilot forced to fix base
Old 1st May 2004, 17:34
oil pressure rising

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Since joining I have have averaged about 76 hours per month but that has ranged from about 58 to 99. Looking ahead now it seems to be getting lower. There is a rumour around that they are going to slow deliveries of more 800's and even perhaps send some of them to other companies for a while until work picks up.
Night stop costs can be quite high-- some months I have spent over £700 in hotel, living and communication costs and I am far from extravagant in my lifestyle! I've just been chasing costs for accom in CRL-- seems the range is from about E50 to E80/night PLUS food and other costs.(No company food , and they have even threatened to stop free water and hot drinks on the flight deck!)
Ryanair have a habit of ringing you on your private mobile so factor in some "roaming" charges for the phone as well. NOTE: Unlike most other companies Ryanair do NOT provide ANY means of communication with home base on the aircraft (No company mobiles, sat phones or even HF radios!)
GOOD POINTS- Great aircraft (738 with 27k engines!) Interesting routes (about 90 destinations) Minimal interference from the company. Generally high proportion of flight time to duty time.