PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - New BA uniform
Thread: New BA uniform
View Single Post
Old 1st May 2004, 02:06
hostie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Got mine this week it really is lovely to wear
It's a much more generous cut than the old style and much more flattering, I made sure I went in after a flight so I would be beautifully bloated and still the skirt was more comfortable than my old one.
I haven't seen anyone that it doesn't look good on yet (and I'm not petite by any stretch but if I do say so myself it even makes me look good!!!)

It's very nice to wear, the kick pleat in the skirt makes movement much less restrictive and yes the kick pleat is supposed to be one side 'down the left leg'
(as they kept repeating in uniform stores every time I pulled it to the middle!)

I agree let's bring back the hat, I hate wearing hats as I have very fine curly hair, but I'd suffer for that one I love it!

It is funny though as there isn't instant recognition from other airlines yet, they don't know who we are, I had to go to LHR to ask about something and the United airlines staff were looking at me blankly and then asked, sorry who do you work for? When I told them, BA this is the new uniform, they were all, ooh let's see, ooh it's gorgeous etc etc

And I also agree about the crew bags, i'm so pleased with my new uniform I actually went out and bought new bags as I thought mine were too scruffy!

So basically a big for the new uniform