PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Is CTC the only way forward??
View Single Post
Old 29th Apr 2004, 09:12
Nil further

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Ladies & Gents

The financial merits / pitfalls of the CTC scheme will appear different to each individual depending on their own circumstances.

I offer you this view , yesterday from my "privelleged position" in the LHS of a 4 week old Orange B737-700 i watched a CTC cadet land a 56 ton aeroplane on a short runway at their max x-wind limit in poor vis . 4 months ago this person was un-employed and scratching around for that first turbopop position like we all did.

As far as i can see the CTC scheme is a great opportunity for any wanabee. From my employers perspective it turns out a consitently high standard of First Officer wihout the risk to the company of other methods of Cadetship.

i have spent a fair amount of time at CTC in the past , i accept i was being paid to be there however i would say this :-

Their selection process is extremely well thought out and thorough , it has to be , they are taking a financial risk and a risk with their reputation with major clients like EZY . The airline does not have the time or training capacity to suport a high failure rate during conversion or line training.

The selection process is hugely oversubscribed, that why they can pick the candidates they believe have the best chance of making the grade and fitting in with the client airlines.

Some of you may not like to hear this , not every wanabe is capable of meeting the challenge of going straight on to the B737 or similar as a first job , its a simple fact . All CTC ( and others) are tyring to do is make sure that the people they send to the airlines make the grade .

Beauport Man : dozens if not hundreds of your former colleagues have found a way "through the glass ceiling" over the last year or so , a lot but not all of them to EZY .

I think we all have to accept that the LoCOst boys have changed this industry for ever . In return for flying new equipment in an expanding profitable company , we have to accept that the traditional routes in to and through the industry have gone forever .THese days its about commercial savvy and selling yourself hard and getting on the winning team no matter the cost...... not everyones cup of tea addmittedly .

Good luck all
NF.