PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - AOPA - 4 Directors resign
View Single Post
Old 27th Apr 2004, 13:02
Doug Stott

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
AOPA - 4 Directors resign

All:

As a member of AOPA for now 40 yrs I am concerned to hear reports today of the resignation of four board members, namely: Ron Lawford (President), Mick Kennedy (Secretary), Gary Gaunt and Adrian Williams at a telephone board meeting held last night.

As 24 hours have now passed since the meeting (?) I believe that whoever is now chairman has a responsibility to inform the membership of the facts without further delay by whatever means, including the use of this forum. To date there has been no information posted on the AOPA web site and the AOPA Forum has been closed since last Friday.

Whatever precipitated this action, it must have been serious.

To my knowledge there has been no comment from those that resigned.

To those that have 'knocked' AOPA on this forum in the past, please consider the bigger picture and speak accordingly. General Aviation in Australia needs a respected, representative association, especially at a time when the GA industry is said by many to be at its worst period in living memory. AOPA is all there is right now. You don't have to agree with them, just respect their rights to a point of view and consider how things would be for GA without any representation whatsoever?

cheers