PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - JET2 Consolidating?
View Single Post
Old 26th Apr 2004, 22:29
KAT TOO

MEFLYBE

I've been right more than i've been wrong, Leeds is a great place to live, the airports in the wrong place, be it weather, road links or catchment area.

If you fly from Leeds every week and live nearby then Donny isn't going to provide what you want, however if you only fly when your off on your jollies, then it doesn't make much difference whether you spend an hour or so going to MAN DSA EMA. You only have to look at the winter skiing program (or lack off) from Leeds to see that Manchester will see passengers move to DSA if they provide the flights and the bulk of these are charter, not Loco.

If your still around (MEFLYBE) in a few years, look back at whats left of flights (charter) from Humberside, i don't think they'll be many. If Humberside had any growth in it the Locos would have moved in by now, it'll be like Exeter, half of b****r all.

Sure Leeds will still be around with the likes of Midland, Eastern and Flybe for the scheduled stuff, i hope JET2 stay, but they must get it right this summer, they have a good product and are well liked by the punters, but these same punter have the memory time span of a gold fish. If you don't believe me then ask some one who only travels on a charter flight once or twice a year, then chances are they won't remember who they flew with.

Thomsonfly are a very big group and will spend a stack putting donny on the map, so mefly, its time for mebed, got a truck to drive in't mornin

He He oft t't hare port