PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Dick Smith Now Blames Virgin Captain, And His lack Of Training.
Old 23rd Apr 2004, 04:16
welcome_stranger

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Danger

Any one who has read these entries under the many topics herein could easily come to the conclusion that the main protagonist in this saga is suffering from classic manic-depressive sydrome with an associated persercution complex.

He clearly shows why our time has become the most litigeous in history. No one is willing to take responsibility for their own actions, or where an "incident" occurs people are quick to apportion blame to those who cannot (due to legal, financial or education constraints) defend themselves.

It is so much easier to shoot the messenger and then make a big song and dance for the "unwashed masses" than it is to meekly and humbly apologise for putting your Gucchi loafers into your oral orifice and admit to the world that, due to your overweening huberis, an error of judgement has been made.

Come on, Dick, do you really think that VB would allow a pilot take command/fly without being, not only trained but also proving to his/her check captain, CASA et al that he/she is conversant with and fully understand his/her responsibilities and required actions in accordance with Virgins' SOPs.

If you don't know that then please give me and everyone else in ATC/the travelling public/innocent bystanders at least 24 hours notice of your intention to fly so I can get me/any RPT/Charter/GA aircraft the hell out of your way, cause I don't want to be anywhere near you, nor have anyone else who may be affected near you, when you take to the air.

Last edited by welcome_stranger; 23rd Apr 2004 at 04:26.