PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Do you really Want to Do This...??
View Single Post
Old 20th Apr 2004, 15:43
DeeTee

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs up

Grief...what a thread this is!!

Anyway I have only been flying commercially for 5 years....when I last got involved in a 'what'it all about thread' it was about 2.5 years ago and at that point in my career I loved every minute of it. 2.5 years later howsit going? Well I've changed companies and now work lo-cost flying the 737. And....I still love it!!

I enjoy the job immensely, the things that others see as stressful and a bad side to the job I think are challangeing and fun. Yep, some airports security staff are morons of the highest order, but I don't fly out of those airports. Where I fly from the banter between crew and security is fun, they know us, and we know them. Yep, the crew still pop in and visit...especially on an early morning Faro when all the punters are asleep. Lots of cups of tea...food is quite nice really. We still get time to visit the crew shops where they are provided and visits to duty free shops can also be made with a lot of crew co-operation. Salary is very good really, workload is not too hard for me. However, I suspect that is down solely to my base, as my compatriots at Luton seem to have it a lot worse.

Anyway, I love the views, the flights, the challenges, the banter, the ever changing SOP's....what I don't like.......when the beef stew has a bit of gristle in it!! That winds me up. apart from that it's fine

DT