PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Am i really gonna have to pay 6 Grand!!!
View Single Post
Old 15th Apr 2004, 12:32
Boing_737

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Beagle,
Has the PA28 that suffered at the hands (or jetwash) and a Tupolev recovered yet? (Friend of mine from work who used to be in the Signals flew with BNFC - BTW I always assumed it was a forces only club - if civvies are allowed can I come and play if and when I move to Oxon?)

Kempus,
The flying clubs darn sarf are bleedin expensive, but, I have to say that the one I fly from seems very good - the aircraft are getting better as they get newer (no such thing as a new aircraft in the UK as far as I can see), and a mate of mine flies from the other, slightly more northerly one, and that seems good as well by all accounts. They always seem to quote for a package that looks quite good, but bear in mind that you may well need more than 45 hours to complete your JAR PPL(A), and so this is where the additional costs come in. Not to mention the Gucci headset, kneeboard and other paraphenalia that you "must have to be a proper pilot".

Money saving tip - don't buy CAP413 from your club - download it from the CAAs website. Its only a couple of quid, but every penny counts....