PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Am i really gonna have to pay 6 Grand!!!
View Single Post
Old 14th Apr 2004, 12:10
BeauMan

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Kempus,

First the negative comment - Yes, it IS expensive.

Now the rest of what I want to say - If your dream is to go commercial one day, I think you owe it to yourself to make the absolute best effort to achieve it. How will you feel if, in ten years time, you look back at this moment and wish you'd gone for it?

If fulfilling your dream means making sacrifices, then so be it.

If you drive a nice car, think about selling it and getting something a bit smaller or older. If you're a home owner, as Gertrude the Wombat says, realise some of the equity. Cut down on the beer or fags if those are applicable.

Cancel some of your Friday or Saturday nights on the lash, and sit at home with the PPL Confuser. You'll save money and gain vital knowledge at the same time.

If your chosen club / school aren't flying on a particular day, due to weather for example, still make the effort to go there, spend the hour sitting in the aeroplane running through cockpit procedures and drills, or talking to the older hands. You'll be amazed at how much you can learn, and how much easier it makes your next flight!

Immerse yourself in aviation. Revel in the knowledge that every time you fly, you are doing something that we, as mere human beings, aren't designed to do. You're raising two fingers up to Mother Nature, sticking your tongue out, and blowing a raspberry at her.

Even if you never make it to the comercial world (although I hope that you do!), surely that feeling alone will have been worth paying for?