PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Servisair to loose Air Wales handling at CWL
Old 13th Apr 2004, 18:04
Awyrennwr

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Taffair - Obviously man with absaloutly no knowledge of ground handling what so ever. Don't flatter yourself there are alot of pilots with 4 bars at CWL, most with only 3 bars have bigger pay checks. Yes we do call you sir, as you should also addess your dispatcher sir, it's called manners, something you apparently lack.
I can also assure you that there are servisair staff better educated than you who will go onto much better things than flying for a Airwales.

I appologise if by saying this I offend any other Airwales staff who on the whole are proffesional, friendly and a pleasure to work with - these are the staff who get the most from there handling agents. I know Taffair doesn't speak for the staff I have talked with.

As for Servisair CWL - they may not me the best however, they are one of the best MYT and BY stations in the country - FACT.
Airwales however are difficult to handle, with limited budget and rescources.

Just to put the contract into perspective, during the summer season Britannia alone carry more passengers in a day than Airwales do in a week.

The contract was won fair and square by Aviance, the final bids where identical, but the grass is always greener on the other side. Best of luck to Aviance with their new contract, they can look forward to being treated like scum from arrogant idiots like Taffair. If they can handle AWW better then hats of to them, lets wait and give them a chance.

The loss probably will affect Servisair this winter, but for now will free them up to deal with their trusted and more profitable customers for the summer.

Airway handling (part of servisair) will still handle the baggage and airport busses and ICS (part of the same group will still do the cleaning) so don't expect any improvment on those fronts.

Sevisair staff - chins up, swallow your pride and let this one go gracefully. Airwales managment were satisfied with the service right to the end. Lets now concentrate on the bigger fish.