PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - EK time to promotion
View Single Post
Old 12th Apr 2004, 15:57
sluggums

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
EK time to promotion

A little bird told me that someone in HR recruitment did a projection and it would seem that there is the likelyhood that non accelerated upgrades may take as long as 5 years and not the 3 as stated by our exulted SVPO at the pilots meeting. APPARENTLY he/she was moved upwards/sideways soon after.

Before you start it is only rumor, and I am not sure how many pilots this will affect but I wouldn't be surprised if it were true to a point.

People, please do not try and compare time to upgrade with your company to EK, a lot of people have come here for the quick upgrade, and yes I know things can change, however............

The DEC suituation is a joke according to a lot of the TRI/E's doing the training, the levels of ability being shown by SOME are v.low.

Apparently a lot are failing selection only for the upper management to overrule recruitment. This has been prob done for several reasons but I think this one is they most likely. Bring in an FO=1batch of training, upgrade the FO=2nd batch of training, replace upgraded FO=3rd batch of traiing.................................1xDEC=1 batch of training= money saved=FO's v.pissed off=low morale.

Now if EK had no suitable FO's to upgrade fair enough, this is NOT the case there is a wealth of experience and ability within the FO ranks who are more than capable of upgrading.

ps. I am not an FO & 411a spare me your rhetoric.

Hard hat on awaiting replies

Last edited by sluggums; 13th Apr 2004 at 04:56.