PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Thank You Cape Flying Services
View Single Post
Old 12th Apr 2004, 09:23
Gunship
GunsssR4ever

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs up Thank You Cape Flying Services

A belated thank you for training Gunsss Junior last year.

After reading Sandy's thread (again) I thought it to be appropiate to share my experiences with Mr Todd and CFS.

During the latter part of last year I searched for the best flying school for my son (from Cape Town) and I found that CFS was my choice. I wanted him to be "away from mom" for a while as to do his own thing.

Well not only did he successfully passed, Gerald also invited him to become a "boy pilot" (think that is what you said GT ?) - in short it means GT will use him to work for him while training for his CPL as Gunnss and Gunnss Jnr can not pay for his CPL. (earning usless $ 's you know)

Gunnss Jnr was helped when he rolled his car ... a personal touch that I will never forget thanks GT. Gunns was flying somewhere in Africa and Mrs Gunns was on BA flying to London when the accident happened.

GT as a "father figure" sorted out all the doctors, AA , panel beaters ... everything and he did not need to.

This meant that Jnr stayed another 2 weeks extra (recovering from bruises and stiffness ) - and yes George Tower - the weather was cr@p - even so CFS never asked us a cent extra in accomodation !

Yes, there was a day or two that they could not fly due to maintenance or a maintenance check up from the CAA - all part of running a flying school.

Gunns Jnr got his PPL and he loved being trained by the very professional crews of CFS.

I can just add that the great "family atmosphere" struck me on my visit in January this year (more later).

Thanks for taking care of my kiddo GT and Sandy - they took him and other students for boat rides / fishing etc on the maintenance days .. what other flying school will do that ??

On Gunss Jnr 's completion I further studied the flying school and when we had to send 6 student for CPL's ... what did we choose ?

Yes CAPE FLYING SCHOOL. (more later).

Thanks again GT, Sandy other Gerald (CFI) and co.

My best wishes to your lovely kids S and S ...

Cheers,

Gunnsss (PS : Now I am sure you know who I am ... or do a lot of students roll their cars and people send you 6 students to say THANK YOU ??? )