PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - SQ getting SAS Crew for the 744F . True??
Old 11th Apr 2004, 19:20
Factseeker

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Talking Busy B - a little remark..!

Dear Busy B.

Your comments betray you and where you come from.
If a person is positive to SIA, based on research and quite a lot of friends, then he sounds like a "paid recruiting agent".
You, and your peers in "SIA busting", what do you see yourselves as..? I have a few suggestions, but will refrain, it is not constructive speculating in ulterior motives.

I happen to have friends in SAS, in SIA and in many other airlines. And I prefer to be a little more neutral in my starting point.

This does not mean that everything SIA is or stand for is fine and dandy. But look around you. Even SAS and SAS management certainly is taking a bashing from pilots these days, very much so. The same goes for a majority of airlines.
So what is so special about SIA. It is an airline, and I repeat my statement:

It is a well run operation.
It has a modern, well maintained fleet.
Infrastructure is nice (training, crew base etc.)
It operates from a "civilized" city, with a lot of opportunities and places to go nearby. (Multi-cultural, something fore everybody)

So, in this world of imperfects, it is by far the worst to go for. And for SAS pilots, retaining seniority and other perks, why not..? They can just look at this as a opportunity to get some change, even in temperature..!

FS