PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - SQ getting SAS Crew for the 744F . True??
Old 11th Apr 2004, 11:04
millerscourt

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Factseeker

What an inappropriate name you have.

SIA is NOT Cash rich anymore as they wasted their $2 Billion they had on Virgin and Air NZ and Ansett. They had to go to the Markets a years or so ago to get $1 Billion due to the late CEO's disastrous policies.

The only people who will be happy with the " Viking Hordes" joining SIA will be the SQ Generals who will use this to drive down T & C's even further thanks to this invasion.

I have no quarrel with anyone joining SIA who has resigned his job and taking his chances with SQ but the SAS deal is totally different.

F/O's joining can expect 4 years with no sectors!! SQ is a Lazy Captains Airline. The Local F/O's love doing all the paperwork and walkaround checks etc etc. I can see some highly hacked off F/O's in due course but I presume as you have been B744 Rated you have no choice but to stay the 4 Years.

SAS is a highly Unionised Airline so those who join SQ will be in for real shock.

It is not WIN WIN for the Pilots at SQ!!

By no stretch of the imagination can SQ Pilots be called overpaid bearing in mind we all do 850++ hours pa plus a lot of positioning which all Cargo joiners will do in Economy half way around the world.

Phil Squares

You are joking I assume???

Alpha-S has no real say in anything due to the Draconian Labour laws in Singapore.

Now that the Armchair Generlas have got the bit between their teeth they are going for the jugular.

LKY has entered the fray by deporting Capt Goh thus doing a 49er with a single stroke.