PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - easyJet (merged)
View Single Post
Old 8th Apr 2004, 19:02
fade to grey

Red face

Unwiseowl-obviously an experienced chap:sensible reply !

Tom24:wake up mate,its people like you that cause pilots T+Cs to spiral down,for airlines to make people pay for type ratings without the promise of a job.

Picture the scene in the airline accounts dept,'oh,tom will do anything to fly a jet........right get him to pay £20000 for his own type rating up front,call him a cadet and pay him £14000 for the first three years, theres one born every second !'

I didn't mean to give the impression I don't like it,because I do (mostly)however I am realistic:I have a family to support and a mortgage to cover.

Try the whole summer with virtually no weekends off,constant roster changes from early to late to nights,abject fatigue and disruptive passengers.....

Flying is a desirable job for many,however it is not a religion,not some calling:just a fun job.

Believe you me,the size of your aircraft has no reflection on the size of your mojo:If you think it impresses people it doesn't (try explaining to civilians what you do in reality and see their eyes cloud over)the only benefit of flying the big jets is that they used to come with inflated pay scales (not any more).

Might I suggest you make a pilots uniform and walk round the terminal in it if you are that shallow.