PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Infants In Business Class
View Single Post
Old 7th Apr 2004, 09:34
christep

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Warkman said
adults deficating on food trays, adulkts having sex in UC, adults fighting with FA, adults trrying to open doors on a/c, adults stealing anything not tied down, adults fighting with other passengers, adults vomiting on the floor
In something like 500 flights over the last five years (in various classes and on various carriers) I have not seen a single instance of any of these. However, I guess I have had babies (and frankly it is far more often babies than (3-12 yo) children that are the problem) causing sufficient extended disturbance (let's define that as 30mins or more in a flight) that I was unable to work or sleep as I had planned on perhaps 15 occasions.

I'm afraid earplugs simply don't work well enough if they baby is within 10 yards. The only thing that comes close is a good pair of noise-cancelling headphones with some fairly loud music being played through them.

The question isn't about rights - the question is whether there is a sufficient market of people prepared to pay a premium for "infant-free" flights for it to make business sense for some airlines on some routes. Clearly it wouldn't work on all routes, but on busy ones where an airline flies, say, 3 or more times per day then I would have thought it would be worth an experiment to make one of those flights - presumably one at peak business travel time - infants-free, with a slight price premium (say 5%) and see what happened.