PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - why is UK GA full of whinging gits?
View Single Post
Old 7th Apr 2004, 09:00
A and C

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Englishal

It is not often on these pages that I read such utter uninformed rubbish .

$900 for an annual check ! ! !.

Thats £500 at the current rate and if the check only took a day then the labor rate was £ 62.50 / hour................just under double the UK labor rate.

I am quite happy to let owners help with the maintenance of there aircraft but it more often that not ends up with them mashing a few screw heads and the drilling and E-Zout of the screws means that it would have been quicker to do the job myself.

Now please tell me how an annual check was performed in a day ?.
It takes about 6 man hours to do a 50 hours to do without snaggs , so who can do an annual in a day ?.

If you can find this man will you please put him in contact with me as I can see my labor costs plummiting however I expect he is enhabiting the same fantasy world as you are if you think that this is a realistic price for all the work that is required to keep an aircraft airworthy.

I am sorry if my comments are a bit harsh for this forum but the aircraft mainenance in the UK is by and large very good value for money with the staff on the hangar floor paid about £10-12/hour
and the margins very tight for the engineering companys so I feel that the post that Englishal has made should be seen for what it is so that people new to aviation dont get the wrong idea about the true cost of proper maintenance.